Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Arbeit Macht Frie, Motherfucker

So It's been about two weeks since I started training. I haven't been keeping a good record of what I've been running, which I really need to do, but I think I've done around fifty three miles over the past two weeks. Crazy to think that I'll need to be doing more than that every week. I had hoped this blog would help me to keep track of what I was running every day, but I've been way too into actually doing things to update this.

My father used to run marathons and biathlons when he was younger so he gave me some training schedules to follow. All of them are about four or five months long so I've still got a month or two before I need to do this for serious serious and I think I'm going to enjoy doing this for fake serious for a little while. Giving myself a little leeway (cue Marathon) here and there and running more for the fun of it rather than as a chore.

I got a new mp3 player, which absolutely rules. It's a massive 2GB, but to me, who has been using a 250MB player for the past four/five years, it actually is massive. It's crazy to me that I can put more than four albums on it at one time. It's crazy to me that I can go out and not know what I want to hear and just skip albums until something comes on that I'm psyched to hear. Music generally makes any run better though. Today I did four miles to Blood For Blood's Living In Exile and Sheer Terror's Love Songs For The Unloved (side A). Skinhead Girl has to be the heaviest song ever written.

I'll be using this marathon running thing as a way to raise money for a really great charity. Nothing is set in stone so I shouldn't say more than that, but it's gonna rule to be doing this for a cause I care about and not just some abstract impulse I have.

No comments: