Sunday, November 18, 2007

Hooray For Personal Bests

I just ran eight miles. I've never run more than seven miles in my entire life, so I'm excited. I'm actually confused right now because I'm not tired and the only reason I stopped was because I was getting bored and I didn't want to fuck up my training by running too much on one day. I guess this is what happens when I eat properly and get a full night's sleep. Think of the possibilities if I did this everyday!

That's actually not really much of a joke. If I could live everyday of my life like this I'd die a happy man. Working at a job I love, running, and listening to hardcore (Capital - Homefront (Hello, Duncan), 86 Mentality - Final Exit, and various American Nightmare and Deathcycle songs) is basically all I want out of life. Well, aside from one other thing which I'm not gonna talk about to any of you jerks. And hardcore shows. If I don't get to see James Vitalo or Crog for too long I get the shakes. Cooking is also mandatory.

My new shoes are so great. I feel like Hermes, the Greek god who had wings on his feet. Ironic considering the Mediterranean origins of the marathon. Pheidippides, a Greek messenger, ran from Marathon to Athens to announce that the Persians had been defeated in the historic battle of Marathon. He supposedly dropped dead immediately after telling the Athenian senate and didn't stop once on his journey. It is my hope to accomplish both a non-stop twenty six point-two mile run and to drop dead immediately after.

No comments: